French toast? Isn’t that always filled with eggy goodness that many of us cannot have? What about the toast part? Usually filled with wheat right? Talk about a collision of fuels as well, fat, sugar etc!
NOT SO with my version! To make mine truly egg free, yet have that wonderful mouth feel of french toast I used a new product by Follow Your Heart called VeganEgg – which is good for use on THM!(Product review coming soon!)
As you can see I took one serving of the cake (I cut mine into sixths) and sliced it in half like this:
I then whisked together the wet ingredients for dipping.
Soaked the “toast”
Then fry it up in a pan! Please see recipe specifics below!
***Thank you so much for using my affiliate links when you shop for your THM items and to create my recipes. Your support is a true blessing to me and my family.***
- One batch BAM cake using my adaptation for egg free version
- Vegan Egg - link can be found on my blog
- Vanilla Extract
- Slice one serving of BAM cake in half
- Combine vegan egg, water, cinnamon, vanilla and stevia.
- Mix well
- Dip slices of cake in mixture
- Spray a preheated non stick pan with coconut oil cooking spray
- Fry french toast slices, turning once until lightly browned on each side.
- I made the pancake syrup from the cookbook to enjoy with these. Slim belly jelly would be another great addition as well as a lean breakfast meat or FP trimmy with protein powder to round out the meal for a delicious E.
- ***Please IGNORE the nutritional information. I am working to edit that out, it is not accurate.